Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Prayer at Rising--New Day

I was once told that in order to become a good writer, one must allow the critic inside to speak first. Then it shall cease and the writer will be able to write. This is what this blog is for. To allow my thoughts to carry me through the early hours and to aid me with what I am to do for the day.

My prayer is one for my life to walk on the path that is lit for me. As we arise, we are given the opportunity to live into the light. God has blessed us and darkness now no longer exist. Today, how will I take advantage of the opportunity? Today I live because God raised us up with Christ and because of his great love for us, made me alive in Christ. God's grace was shown to us through the kindness of Christ who saved us. This gift of salvation, whatever this means, is not something that we have earned, rather it is a gift, a gift that Christ gave to us. Faith is what they call it. We have faith. Grace then faith, not by works so no one can boast but if we are to boast, we boast in the Lord.

God help me today. May my works be seen good in your sight. Made alive in Christ, that is what I am. Looking around i want to see you in what my life is. Laughing and caring and hoping and dreaming are all things I enjoy to do with my wife. She is very beautiful and smart. My hope is that she will find her way out of the path that is dimly lit and back onto the one that is lit by you. Kindle her flame and may your grace make her come to life again.

Work I want to write more about our transformation that will take place for youth group. The 6 Great Ends of the Church plus that which makes our church breath: Bath, Book, Table and Time. How I will incorporate these things together, I have no idea but this is where I trust my education and critical thinking skills. Basically, I hope you will guide me through it. I like David Crowder and I have this urgency to go out and buy more Christian artist. Not that secular is bad, for I have come to find great peace in some songs, but because I miss the encouraging message of Christ through music.

New light. New day. Same path. Same faith. Fresh breath. Fresh start. Christ made me alive again in his heart.

Praise the Lord!
The name of the Lord be praised.

No comments: